Terms & Conditions
Acceptance of order
The contract in respect of the products supplied by us to you comes into existence when your order has been accepted by us. For the avoidance of doubt, receipt of an order via this site does not constitute acceptance of an order. (If you have specific requirements or needs and want to clarify availability and prices, including delivery charges, please call us in the first instance on 01227 787400 before placing your order)
Your right To Cancel (Internet & Telephone Orders)
You have the right to cancel your order, unless it is a special order item*, with us at any time before the expiry of 14 days from the the date of delivery. If your order has been processed we are unable to cancel it here you may still cancel the order however the cost of returning the items are at your expense.
*Special order items are made specifically to your requirements.
Anti Fraud Measures - Protecting our customers
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency that may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
DELIVERY COSTS TO UK MAINLAND & OTHER AREAS
From time to time the Babylady may offer free delivery on orders over a certain value. Free delivery is limited to UK Mainland only. Areas outside mainland UK will be quoted on an individual bases and will be confirmed in the acknowledgement either by email or telephone.
If no one is at home when our carrier attempts to deliver goods they will leave a card or may attempt delivery to a neighbour if agreed in advance, this however is done at your own risk. Alternatively please use the re-arrange service via your e-mail or mobile. If these options are not possible the courier will leave a calling card and usually attempt re-delivery the following working day. After this you will be required to collect the goods from your local depot. Clear details of this will be on the 'sorry we missed you' card that will be left by your driver.
If the delivery address refuse delivery of the goods or if you do not respond to the "sorry we missed you" card left by your driver, your order will be returned to the sender (Baby Lady Ltd) we will then wait for you to contact us before we refund you your money minus the return postage cost.
Please note current UK Mainland pickup returns charges are £19.95 up to 10 kilos and 50p per kilo thereafter, direct delivery charges may vary.
Items such as cot beds & nursing chairs may require additional assistance when being delivered due to the size of the packaging.
Wrong Delivery Address Inputed
If you provide us with a wrong delivery address and your goods are signed for by another party, we cannot be held responsible for any loss you incur as a result.
You may of course return any items purchased from Baby Lady Ltd within 14 days of receipt of goods or order acknowledgement. To do this you must request a returns number (ARN) by contacting us via email. All goods must be unused and with their original packaging, orders returned without an ARN number will not be refunded. Return costs are at your expense.
We strongly recommend original packaging is kept, as any collections for warranty/maintenance work will be required to be packaged in a box.
This guarantee is in addition to and does not affect your statutory rights. In return, please note the following terms and conditions.
- The guarantee is available for all products purchased from Baby Lady Ltd
- The guarantee is available to the original purchaser only when accompanied with the original receipt
- This guarantee is non transferable
- The guarantee applies to the product only and does not cover any consequential losses – i.e. time or other products
- The guarantee applies to material and manufacturing defects only under normal domestic use in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
- The guarantee does not cover faults caused by factors outside the manufacturers control, including failure to follow the user guide and maintenance instructions, normal wear and tear, inappropriate use, accidental wilful and or misuse of the product, inappropriate storage methods and or inappropriate cleaning, modification, alteration, transformation of the product.
- The guarantee does not cover parts subject to normal wear and tear, foam handles, rubber elements of wheels, pneumatic tyres, signs of fabric wear.
- The guarantee does not cover pushchair accessories including bottle bags, cosy toes, foot muffs, pushchair liners, changing bags, rain covers, canopies, mosquito nets, parasols, head-huggers, and neck supports.
- Moving parts should be maintained on a regular basis and a lubricant such as silicone spray should be applied to keep necessary parts running smoothly.
- Fabric accessories may fade at different rates especially when not being used together
- if the product is found to be defective within the definition detailed above, Baby lady shall, at its discretion, repair the product, or at our discretion, provide new goods to repair the fault or replace the product with the same or similar model to the same specification, this shall be at our sole discretion and any repair work undertaken will be approved by us.
- If a claim is made under this guarantee and the defect is not due to faulty materials or manufacture, we reserve the right to charge the customer a £29.25 fee to cover the engineers time and couriers costs or replacement parts supplied.
- Loan buggies may be available upon request. Charges may apply.
MANUFACTURERS GUARANTEE WILL VARY
Specifications, Colours, Weights and Sizes
We reserve the right to alter specifications without prior notice. All sizes and weights given as a guide only and are approximate. Representations of colour are approximate due to the limitations of photographic and calibrations of different output devices.
A name given to a product is not necessarily representative of the colour - for example Steel Blue is actually red if you have a specific requirement or are unsure as to the exact colour please e-mail us for assistance before purchasing.
Wood is a natural product and therefore will carry minor imperfections and characteristics such as grain and colour variation and knots these characteristics are not classed as a manufacturing fault. Manufacturers normally different grades of wood for items such as cots or cot beds and therefore the finish can appear differently.
Words such as “antique pine ” may not mean that the wood is “antique” wood, therefore if you have a specific requirement please e-mail us before purchasing
Accessories supplied to co-ordinate with the main product may differ in shade; this is normally caused by the manufacturing process and is not a fault.